REMEMBER: ALWAYS ADD CHEMICALS TO WATER NEVER WATER TO CHEMICALS
Water chemistry must be balanced before starting up The GENESIS Device. If the water is not properly balanced, The GENESIS Device will not create Bromine.
TDS – Total Dissolved Solids:
- pH Ideal range 7.2 – 7.8, test weekly
- Alkalinity Ideal range 80 - 120 ppm, test monthly
- Calcium Hardness Ideal range 80 – 150 ppm, test yearly
Adjusting Water Chemistry:
- Ideal range before adding Tru-Blu: 200 – 500 ppm
- Ideal range after Tru-Blu has been added: 1700 – 2300 ppm
- Phosphates – level should be less than 100ppb
Follow the label instructions based on your tub size. We recommend Biolab, Leisure Time, and Blue Wave products. See your local pool and spa dealer.
Adjusting your pH:
- If pH is low (below 7.2), raise by using a base baking soda or soda ash product.
- If pH is high (above 7.6), lower by using a muriatic acid or sodium bisulfate product.
Adjusting your Alkalinity:
Adjusting your Calcium Hardness:
- If Alkalinity is low (below 80), add baking soda product.
- If Alkalinity is high (above 120), add sodium bisulfate product.
Adjusting your TDS – Total Dissolved Solids:
- If Calcium is low (below 80), add a calcium chloride product.
- If Calcium is high (above 150), partially drain the tub and refill with fresh water.
Total Dissolved Solids are a combination of metals, minerals and other organic materials in your water. If your spa has been filled with well water or with water from a non-municipal source, additional chemicals to remove metals and or chemical contaminants may need to be added to your water. TDS can be tested with a meter, test strip, or by taking a water sample to your local pool and spa dealer.
Phosphates are contaminants that come from products such as fertilizer, soap, shampoo, lotion, and perfume. Phosphates can be tested with a strip or by taking a water sample to your local pool and spa dealer.
*Some spa chemicals such as spa filter cleaners and salt water softeners contain Phosphates and should not be used.